As you can appreciate it’s not ‘business as usual’ in LB Physio at
present and we’ve had to change the way our services run to protect
both Patients and Physiotherapist.
Face to face:
- You will need to confirm you and those that you live with have no symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- At the clinic door I will take your temperature and provide you with
hand sanitiser. Provided you do not have a high temperature I will
bring you into the clinic. I will sit at the other end of the room, which
provides us a considerable distance whilst we do the ‘talking part’.
- I will be wearing gloves, face mask and apron for the duration.
- Be reassured that the clinic is thoroughly cleaned between appointments including door handles and all surfaces within the clinic itself.
- If you feel comfortable to come into the clinic for a face-to-face
appointment then please book online or contact me if you have
further questions/wish to book direct.
Virtual appointments over Telehealth:
- If you are currently self-isolating or uncomfortable about coming to the clinic, but feel you would benefit from a Physiotherapy appointment then please consider a video consultation. Here’s a few reasons why you should:
- I don’t need to see your injury in person to be able to give you a likely diagnosis. Through video I am able to ask you to perform certain movements with the affected area whilst you tell me how it feels.
- So much of the problem solving is done through the questioning- finding out what activities or movements bring on your symptoms and helping you to think of ways to modify and adapt those.
- Physiotherapists are experts at understanding pain and stages of healing for injuries and over video I can help to educate you on those and feel reassured about what you can/need to adapt doing.
- You may have goals- areas you want to strengthen, exercises that you want to try but you are unsure if they are suitable or if you are doing them correctly – we can talk that through and I can design a bespoke exercise program for you and check your technique.
- You don’t have to leave your house or find childcare!!
It’s been so helpful to go through my progress with Louise and ask her questions about what exercises would be beneficial. She understands my injury and has been able to adapt the way that I move to really reduce the pain I was having. It’s so convenient to use the video calling and I may just continue!”Melissa, LB physio Telehealth user